星期一, 1月 14, 2013

starting my holiday

by viewing films excessively.

step up 4: revolution
If only revolution can be achieved by dance, it would be a better world. unfortunately the world is way much crueler than the film.  the dances look good though, very LXD in a way, I guess it has to do with the choreographers they used.  Nice to a cameo of Moose.

Frankenweenie
Tim burton thanked Barrett Oliver in the end credits! aw.....I missed the child actor who accompanied me through my childhood in the never ending story and Cocoon.
and the film is almost like a Tim burton anthology.  You see traces of edward scissorhand, beetlejuice, the big fish, matrian attacks, etc.  as a burton fan, I'm gld that i didn't miss this one.
it would be nice to see Tim burton doing a remake of explorers.

Argo
not fargo, argo.  it's very entertaining, and tells a good story involving international politics, hollywood film making industry, and the bureaucratic system.  Of course, it has the ingredients of the all american value, such as courage and integrity.  I can see why it is very welcomed in the US market.  for me, it's just a nice little film, and it delivers.

War horse
Ben and Tom only had a brief moment. the horse did get me.  I'd love to have a horse named joe. but I've only got a pair of shoes names joe.  the horse was fascinating, the war and human beings are simply idiotic.

Prometheus
I liked the premise of the film, and Fass as David.
but the film has basic logical flaw, which makes it painful to watch.
Elizabeth/David reminds me of Ripley/Bishop in a way.
wish the plot can be more logical.

Premium Rush
Riding a Fixed Gear on the road is something close to suicidal tendency. The cinematography was good, . JGL was good and cute, the plot lines were a bit weak...and i started to do my nails after too many chases.  Happy ending, sort of.  He's still enjoying the freedom provided by the precious bike, at least.

Hollow Crown
Richard II
Ben whishaw. He's a really good Richard II.  but I started watching this because DT is going to play Richard  II soon.  wonder how he can pull off such a delicate king.  (for christ's sake he's the bllody Doctor, the most fearful man in the universe!)  back to Richard II. the guy from Cemetary Junction  plays the cousin of Richard II, and the traitor.  poor richard, he died like St. Sebestian! pierced by all those arrows, like the painting he ordered the painter to do.  talking about self full filment prophecy.

Henry IV 1&2
Did I mention that I never really like Henry IV? the story before little Harry becomes the almight Henry V?  I love Henry V, he's such a good king! but in Henry IV, he's renounced his friends, though they aren't really the sort of friends to keep.  this is a story of how a teenager grows to be a great king, stepping on his friends and turned his back to his "civilian friends" .  it's really sad, and that's also part of the reason that I don't really want to watch my own private idaho again. Hiddles looks good in those costumes.  and simon russell beale is simply amazing.  and I love the scene between Hiddles and Jeremy irons.  and the bit that Hiddles impersonate his father was superb.

Pitch Perfect.
thanks to monica, we got to watch this.  this glee on the big screen.  we should definitely do a singalong next time! ( but the songs are a bit difficult to sing) the story is very straightforward.  a Capella competition, lots of great song numbers, cute guy falls for a cute girl, cute girl is too cool to love, cute guy walks away, cute girl goes after the guy, happy ending.  cheesy story, maybe, but it mentions the breakfast club, so it's a good movie :D  

沒有留言: